The Old Rectory is a Grade II Listed 18th Century Georgian residence which was built in 1737 with a later addition built in 1786. Part of the building housed what was a music room for local school children in bygone times, but is now the Drawing Room. The house is set in a large old English Country garden with the original early Georgian garden wall.
Thormanby is a village and civil parish in Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England. It lies on the A19 approximately halfway between Easingwold and Thirsk and about 14 miles south east of the county town of Northallerton.